Polyurea/Polyaspartic Coatings from Floor Shield of San Antonio are Superior to Epoxy Coatings
Ever since the building of the very first concrete floor, people have looked for a method to protect, beautify and enhance the surface. Epoxy coatings have been around for some time and have been popular protectors of concrete floorings. Fairly new to the game, polyurea / polyaspartic coatings have quickly become the premium choice in the floor coating industry because of the fast dry time.
Polyaspartic Coatings for San Antonio Floor Surfaces
When applied to grey concrete floors, polyaspartic flooring coatings produce a shiny, practically watery tone that customers can color. In some applications, ornamental chips are broadcast on the still-wet topcoat. The nature of polyaspartic coatings gives it incredible properties for your floors in San Antonio.
Benefits of Polyaspartic Coatings:
- Simpler application in a variety of weather and temperature level conditions
- Difficult, smooth finish that is stain- and scratch-resistant, good for high-traffic commercial and industrial locations
- Clear and non-sticky when dry
- Quick drying times, remedies to complete strength in 1/2 to 1 hour
- Colors and ornamental chips readily available
- Colorfast, even when used to somewhat damp concrete
- Low VOCs and odor
- Low viscosity offers it good wetting ability on concrete, but requires minimized portion of solids
- High, controllable movie build-up
- Less most likely to bubble from outgassing
Problems with Epoxy Coatings:
- Less versatile and less resistant to abrasion
- Can be rather hard to use in hot or cold conditions
- Has a long drying time
- Has possibly dangerous vapors, although brand-new formulations may resolve this
- May not be colorfast-- subject to fading or yellowing from UV direct exposure, though many solutions consist of UV protection
- Can not be applied when temperature below freezing
The choice is clear, Floor Shield of San Antonio's Polyaspartic Floor Coatings are far superior the Epoxy for your next floor coating need. Call Floor Shield today or fill out an estimate request online today.
Benefits of Polyaspartic Coatings on your Floor
5-6 hour application and return to service.
Virtually no odor, unlike epoxies.
Repurpose an eyesore into a visually stunning showpiece room.
Up to 4 times more durable than epoxy flooring.
Seamless flooring with a tough, hard, pore-free finish that seals the surface.
Colors will not fade or yellow like epoxy due to age or exposure to sunlight or UV lighting.
Virtually maintenance free!